Job Vacancy – Cleaner
Job Vacancy – Cleaner
A vacancy has opened for a cleaner to work in the busy Opening Department at Newby Hall Gardens
Public Gardens Cleaner, Fixed term contract until October 2021
Wed – Sunday each week starting asap plus Bank Holidays. Additional hours may be available from time to time.
11 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
Competitive hourly rate for the right candidate along with an annual Newby Hall family season ticket.
Newby Hall and Gardens operates as a visitor attraction from April – October each year attracting around 140,000 visitors. There is a mix of indoor and outdoor facilities including a teddy bear exhibition, dollshouse display, playground, miniature railway, restaurant as well as tours around the Georgian stately home and the 25 acres of award winning gardens.
The cleaner will have responsibility for ensuring all indoor areas accessible to visitors are cleaned to a high standard. These are toilets, floors, outdoor infrastructure such as signs, picnic tables, exteriors of buildings and pathways. In addition, there are Covid specific measures such as hand sanitising stations and touch points that will need servicing by the cleaner.
The post holder will need to be fit and be prepared to work to a regular pattern. The toilet blocks are spread over a 4 acre site and supplies need to be carried to each facility.
Due to our rural location it is likely the cleaner will have their own transport but this wont be required for the position.
All equipment and PPE will be supplied. The cleaner will be expected to work as part of the Newby team and help out in other areas of the operation from time to time such as deep pre-cleaning before opening and event set up. The postholder will be working in a busy public environment so will need a high level of customer care and be subject to a DBS check.
- Ensure effective cleaning of the 3 toilet blocks plus additional indoor toilets throughout the day.
- Cleaning toilets and sinks
- Cleaning floors, restocking supplies, and emptying bins throughout the day
- Cleaning floors, restocking supplies, and emptying bins at the end of the day
- Cleaning regular touch points throughout the day and refilling hand sanitisers for use by the public and staff
- Respond to urgent cleaning issues throughout the day using a 2-way radio system
- Sweeping and mopping floors at the end of each day
- To report any maintenance issues to the Adventure Gardens foreman
- To contribute to, and abide by, agreed safe working practices.
- To conduct regular stock takes to ensure timely ordering of supplies.
- Undertake simple maintenance tasks during quieter periods.
The cleaner reports to the Adventure Garden foreman on a day-to-day basis and the post is an integral part of the opening department structure so will be required to work across a number of areas within the estate.
Please apply with CV to: email@example.com