Newby Gardens Cleaning Team
Newby Gardens Cleaning Team
Fixed term contract until October 2022
Location: Newby Hall and Gardens, Ripon, North Yorkshire HG4 5AE
Hours to be covered by the cleaning team on a rota basis:
Tues – Sunday each week plus Bank Holidays. Additional hours may be available from time to time.
10 a.m. – 6.00 p.m. (potential shifts 10am – 2pm & 2pm – 6pm)
Competitive hourly rate for the right candidates along with an annual Newby Hall family season ticket.
Newby Hall and Gardens operates as a visitor attraction from April – October each year attracting around 140,000 visitors. There is a mix of indoor and outdoor facilities including a teddy bear exhibition, dollshouse display, playground, miniature railway, restaurant as well as tours around the Georgian stately home and award winning gardens.
The cleaners will have responsibility for ensuring all indoor areas accessible to visitors are cleaned to a high standard. These are toilets, floors, outdoor infrastructure such as signs, picnic tables, exteriors of buildings and pathways. In addition, there are Covid specific measures such as hand sanitising stations and touch points that will need servicing by the cleaner.
The post holders will need to be fit and be prepared to work to a regular pattern. The toilet blocks are spread over the site and supplies need to be carried to each facility.
Due to our rural location it is likely the cleaners will have their own transport but this won’t be required for the position.
All equipment and PPE will be supplied. The cleaner will be expected to work as part of the Newby team and help out in other areas of the operation from time to time such as deep pre-cleaning before opening and event set up. The postholder will be working in a busy public environment so will need a high level of customer care and be subject to a DBS check.
- Ensure effective cleaning of the 3 toilet blocks plus additional indoor toilets throughout the day.
- Cleaning toilets and sinks.
- Cleaning floors, restocking supplies, and emptying bins throughout the day.
- Cleaning regular touch points throughout the day and refilling hand sanitisers for use by the public and staff.
- Respond to urgent cleaning issues throughout the day using a 2-way radio system.
- Sweeping and mopping floors at the end of each day.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Visitor Services Supervisor.
- To contribute to, and abide by, agreed safe working practises.
- To conduct regular stock takes to ensure timely ordering of supplies.
The cleaner reports to the Visitor Services Supervisor on a day-to-day basis and the post is an integral part of the opening department structure so will be required to work across a number of areas within the gardens.
Expected start date: 14/03/2022
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
If this opportunity is of interest, then please apply in writing with CV to Stuart Gill, The Estate Office, Newby Hall, ipon, HG4 5AE or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org