Our Railway Needs YOU!
The miniature railway at Newby Hall is looking for volunteers to help run this ever-popular attraction. The railway runs throughout the award-winning gardens at Newby Hall and comprises one steam train, The Royal Scot’ and two LPG engines, Lady Mary Vyner and the Countess de Grey.
The railway is run by a small, friendly team who are looking to expand their team of volunteers so all services can run smoothly and on time!
No experience is necessary, just a ‘can do’ attitude as full training will be given.
- Around 6-8 vols required
- Each needs to commit one day per week, preferably all year round
- Weekend volunteers particularly needed
- Tasks will include maintenance and repairs of engines and carriages (painting, carpentry and some mechanical work), trackside maintenance, some driving (electric, lpg & steam engines), ensuring passengers’ safety
- Must be robust enough for working outside in all weathers and on their feet all day
- Over 18s only
- Common sense, cheerfulness, reliability and teamwork are vital qualities. Railway experience is not.
If this sounds to be of interest and you would like to work in a stunning location, please email a covering letter to: email@example.com